Málaga Film Office is a municipal organization that offers free information, advice and permit handling to all professionals from the audiovisual industry who wish to film in Malaga. We offer a wide variety of services designed to save producers time, money and effort.
Málaga Film Office is part of the Andalucia Film Commission network, is the official venue of the Spain Film Commission and is a member of the AFCI (Association of Film Commissioners International).
SERVICES OFFERED COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE:
- Processing of all necessary film permits:
- General film permits: around 48 hours when the shooting only requires hand-held shoulder.
- Others film permits: within a timeframe of 5 business days, depending on the requirements for the shooting.
- Processing of film permits for public buildings and city monuments of historical-cultural heritage.
- Coordination of all municipal services such as parking for technical vehicles, traffic flow management, changes to street fixtures, lighting, etc.
- Assistance in scouting film locations.
- Assistance on production logistics.
- Information on financial aids, notifications and grants.
- Information on audiovisual legislation.
ADVANTAGES TO FILMING IN MALAGA
Malaga offers the best advantages for any type of filming and photography.
- 320 Days of sun a year.
- Maximum natural daylight.
- Bilingual Professionals.
- Local businesses for equipment rentals: Camera, Grip, Lighting, Props, Wardrobe, etc.
- Local multicultural casting of over 100 different nationalities.
- International Airport: destination to more than 200 national & international airlines (including low cost airlines).
- Malaga is only 1 hour from Madrid, 2.5 hours from London and 7 hours from New York.
- Wide variety of locations